Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Diversity...

Watching the almost rain dampening the air in the coolness of this morning, thoughts drifted to members of my own family.  How different we all are...amazing!  Rooted in the same family tree, in-laws, out-laws, extended families, we are a conglomeration of human beings as diverse as the world we live in.  Family reunions are anything but boring!

As I continued my repose, the multi-faceted layers of my family and the diverse makeup in our country became more apparent.   OMG!  We ARE Americans and truly unique!  These words soon spilled out of my gray cells, so I thought I would share them...

I am thrilled you've found your niche in this world...
It’s just not the same as mine.
I’m happy you have faith in your God…
However, dissimilar your beliefs are to my own.
I'm thankful His grace gives you peace...
But I, also, am content with my life.
It gives me comfort you pray for my soul…
By so doing, I know deep down you care.
I listen to the words that you whisper…
And understand your intentions are good.

I respect you for honoring your beliefs…
But I expect the same in return.
I hope His promises come to fruition...
But I have no expectations in death.
So I am grateful our lives are intertwined
Where diversity breeds introspection.
Where two people can believe what they want
And still live together as friends.

 

No comments: