Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Update on yesterday's post...

Let me preface this update with a point I would bet money on...My elected representatives have no idea I have contacted them with this or any problem.  They have created layers and layers of assistants to assure they DON'T have direct involvement with low-level contituents like my husband and me.

We received confirmation from both Representative Marchant's and Senator Cornyn's offices yesterday.  After waiting over a month for an answer to our inquiry about the formula issues in "Making Homes Affordable" program, who created the formula and how to breach it or get rid of it, I received an explanation of how the program works!  OMG!  Does no one listen!?

There is something called Adminstrative Discretion (b) when rules don't fit every situation.  I was looking for a little of that flexibility.  Although the President, Congress and the Office of Management and Budget set fiscal policy (a) for the Treasury Department, my representatives referred me to speak with someone there directly. Basicly, after waiting in excess of a month for an answer, nothing resulted and nothing is going to be done.  Paraphrasing Senator Cornyn's aide, "Congress has no control over an agency's rules..."   Strange statement. Maybe the GOP are so consumed by promoting social agendas, they have forgotten that part of their job...

Senator Cornyn and Representative Marchant chose to play the 'ain't my job' card.  HA! HA!  HA!  I'm still laughing.  What did I expect in a world where money talks and I have none...REACHING DEAF EARS.


a:  http://useconomy.about.com/od/governmentagencies/p/Treasury.htm
b:  http://wps.ablongman.com/long_edwards_ga_12/33/8517/2180480.cw/index.html

No comments: