Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Senator Cornyn and Representative Marchant Leave Me on LOW PRIORITY...

Anyone who follows this blog knows my husband and I were denied the much publicized "Making Homes Affordable" reduction in interest rates because Fannie Mae magically created an additional $500+ dollars to add to our $2204 gross income.  "It's policy...," my mortgage company tells me.  SO...I contacted my elected representatives, all three of them:  Kenny Marchant, Kay Hutchison and John Cornyn.

Kenny's Washington office didn't have time to speak to me but a local staff person called me the following week to question our problem. Kay's office didn't bother responding.  After faxing his Washington office, John's local representive sent two very 'sincere' letters offering to help.  Any contact made since these initial responses have been initiated by one of my faxes or calls.

Just short of a month after beginning this process, I called both offices on April 6th.  Drew Clifton with Senator Cornyn's office, agreed to contact Fannie Mae that day for an update, but really needed a couple more weeks to resolve it...I never heard anything back.  After leaving a message for the 'out of the office' Todd Martin, Kenny's fellow, no one bothered contacting me either...DEAF EARS!

March 14th, I sent an email to Mr. Martin saying simply, "I have not heard from you."  The next day he responded via email, " I spoke with Fannie Mae yesterday regarding your case.  They informed me that they are currently drafting a response and it should be delivered by the end of the week.  I will be happy to forward it on to you when I receive it.  If there is anything else that I can do, please do not hesitate to ask."  These guys are always so cordial...

Today is the 19th.  Still no response.  Thinking to myself, "If one of their influential friends had contacted them about something VERY IMPORTANT to them, would their issue have gotten expedited?  Methinks so...

DEAF EARS...DEAF EARS...DEAF EARS...DEAF EARS...DEAF EARS

My husband worries holding these people responsible for their lack of action, will make them even less likely to help and get me labeled a dissident.  My response to him...I am actively challenging an established doctrine, policy, or institution, the definition of a dissident...That's a right guaranteed to me in our Constitution!  If they want to use that as their excuse for not doing their job, go for it!  I think I'll call them again...

No comments: