Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Congressional Budget! OMG!

Researching something completely alien to the Congressional Budget, I ran across HR2918.ENR.  It was the Bill Text for the 111th Congress and broke down their budget.  It was a REALLY BIGGG EYEOPENER!  If you would like to see this go to http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/C?c111:./temp/~c111XGQnKV  I

It begins by saying:  "An Act Making appropriations for the Legislative Branch for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2010, and for other purposes."  I added up the budget amounts through the heading:  CONGRESSIONAL BUDGET OFFICE - SALARIES AND EXPENSES.  Catch this!  The total budget through this heading for the Senate and House of Representatives was $4,242,567,000.00.   That is 'B' for Billion!  There were additional budget items, however, I wanted to stop at this point because it covered mostly salaries, expense accounts, etc.

One item that really set me off was a payment to the widow of Senator Edward Kennedy in the amount of $174,000!  Cough...Cough!  The audacity!   He was a great guy, BUT...he had tens of millions of dollars!  I owe under than $60,000 on my home, live on less than $28,000 a year and was DENIED a mortgage reduction because I make too much money!!!!  Maybe Mrs. Kennedy would donate part of her government gift and pay off my home...

Does any othe this get under anyone else's skin?  I'll be back later with more on this budget...Four Billion Plus Dollars...GAG!

No comments: