Friday, April 22, 2011

A Positive Update!

I'll keep today's tiraid short. (Something unusual for me!) 

During a positive conversation with the Special Inspector General of TARP's office, I was relieved to hear they will be contacting Senator Cornyn on my behalf concerning the Fannie Mae issues we are having.  Christy Romero's office took a 'let me see if we can't get him on board attitude' when they learned Mr. Cornyn's assistant claimed the Senator had no control over Fannie Mae's procedures and referred us directly to the Secretary of Treasury or head of Fannie Mae if we wanted anything else done.

The Inspector General's office reiterated what I had read in their January 2011, report detailing serious problems with HAMP and referred us to the hearings currently taking place on Capitol Hill.  Because of their concerned attitude over our situation, my husband and I can see a small crack in the door that has been slammed in our face by Fannie Mae and our elected officials. 

Now it's a wait and see situation again.  BUT...we are happier than we have been in a long time about today's events.  'Thank You's go out to Ms. Romero and her staff! 

A Short Note about Easter:  My husband and I are preparing to decorate Easter eggs with our grandchildren.  It's an annual mess-fest when we pull out the hot glue gun, glitter, markers, pipe cleaners, stickers, sequins, yarn and anything else easily attached to an egg shell!  Over the years, we have seen some pretty amazing designs leaving our kitchen table...all beautiful, most defying explanation.  But it is tradition and important to our family.  We hope anyone reading this blog will have as much fun!

No comments: